Title: Assistant Librarian
Reporting to: Head of the Department of Archive Job Type: Part-time
Duty Station: Hargeysa Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Redsea Cultural Foundation (RCF) is an art organisation based in Somaliland that has the aim of promoting reading and creative writing in Somaliland with a particular focus on youth. For the last ten years, RCF has been organising an annual international book fair in Hargeysa, the capital of Somaliland. The HIBF has grown into the largest literary festival in East Africa, attracting up to 10,000 participants each year and writers from across Africa, as well as Europe and the USA. In 2014 RCF opened a permanent cultural centre in Hargeysa, extending the activities of the book fair throughout the year. RCF is recruiting a very motivated and talented candidate, and hereby announcing a new position for Assistant Librarian.
Position details: responsibilities
- Library Management
- Librarianship and Information Management fundamentals and concepts.
- Practical’s – shelving, library classification systems, reference queries
- Practical on automated system (KOHA system is preferred but not necessary requirement)
- Library Knowledge
- Processing of information resources
- Accessioning of library resources
- Cataloguing – standards and different types
- Library Automation
- Indexing and citation
- Collections’ development policy
- Digital depositories
- E-information sources
- Open access resources
Candidates with IT background are desired.
What we’re looking for
- Strong and effective communicator, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as maintain a positive working relationship with other staff.
- Flexible, gentle and willing to learn and improve.
Interested candidates who met the above criteria should send updated applications letter (motivate your interest to get this position and submit in Somali or English or Both), CV and at least two professional references with contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12:00AM of Saturday 21th April 2018 or personally deliver to Hargeysa Cultural Centre, 26 June Street, No. 2, Sha’ab Area, Hargeysa by 06.00PM. If you do send it by email, and you do not receive a notification email, please call 063 3628220 or 065 9853666 for confirmation before the deadline. Please indicate “Assistant Librarian’’ in the subject of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. An identification ID will be needed for examinations. The successful applicant starts to work from the 1st of May 2018.
REDSEA CULTURAL FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER